Thursday, December 11, 2014

Urban Angel

Urban Angel
121 Hanover Street, Edinburgh, EH2 1DJ
0131 225 6215 www.urbanangel.co.uk

This fantastic, cafe/restaurant at the corner of Hanover Street and Queen Street is notoriously brilliant.  It is a favourite coffee/lunch stop for me and I have always been impressed by the quality of food and standard of service.

We booked Urban Angel for a private dinner for 25 people.  The restaurant stays open late for bookings such as these and does a great job in setting up the back room and in providing good service.  The menu was a Christmas one, but no slices of turkey here!  Choices included smoked salmon, pear and blue cheese salad, a delicious venison casserole and a whole squash with kale, olices, pistachios and rice.

I am finding the eating out experience to be good for coeliacs where a restaurant embraces the idea.  Others I have found slightly slapdash and have already, at only 3 weeks into gluten free eating, had one mishap where a curry restaurant waiter waved in the general direction of the table and said "it's all fine", but it wasn't.  However, Urban Angel could not be more different.  We had pre-selected our menu and on arrival, they immediately checked with me what I would be eating and I noticed subtle differences in my meal to others where they were being cautious.

I highly recommend Urban Angel for lunch or dinner - you will not regret it!



SCORES OUT OF FIVE:
Information: 4
Serving Staff: 5
Choices: 4
Quality: 5
Overall Experience: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment